Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Event: Solemn Procession of the Miraculous Image

Whenever I attend procession, I will always remember to put on my slippers and bring a sling bag with the following contents - money (bills), coin purse, water (small bottle), fan, towel or hunky, umbrella and flashlight.

Let me explain each item in details.
1. Money (bills), for lightweight baggage. Reserve for possible buys.
2. Coins, for jeepney fare and easy buys. In the Philippines, one of the main transportation especially in the city is the jeepney. The most practical ride.
3. Water, for thirst. Well, a procession is expected to be taking a long route making you sweat then thirst. Small bottle will do. You can buy anytime along the street - a lot of people are selling around.
4. Fan, for air. It might be hot and/or congested so you need help for breathing.
5. Towel or hunky, for sweat removal. You will sweat out due to energy you exert during the activity. It's important to have it handy.
6. Umbrella, for protection from rain or heat of the sun. This is my best friend. Wherever I go, I bring an umbrella with me. I don't want to get sick easily so I need the basic protection.
7. Flashlight, for light. The procession will end at dusk. We don't know when will brownout occur, so better be ready.

I guess, these are the practical and easy things we need to consider when attending procession or similar activities.

I have noted the procession route for your reference. Check the link that follows:

http://basilicasantonino.org.ph/images/procession_route_2013_new.pdf

What is your procession experience?


"A guide to the blue journey - a relaxing, peaceful, blissful, healthy and honorable life." -TBC
 

No comments:

Post a Comment