Monday, April 8, 2013

Thailand - Day 2: Floating Market

I was excited for the next day adventure - The Floating Market. Although I did some research of the place, I still can't figure out how it looked like, until...

The complete team - Joril, me, Rjagd, Mgeno and Jdino

Yes, that’s the five of us – the complete team. It took us hours to travel before we reached this place. We were tired but convinced to be alright as we go along the flow of the waters in the floating market. All of us were excited as we started in the motorized boat adventure. This arrangement was made by the boat driver - arranged according to weight for balance. Obviously, these girls are lightweight to be placed in the middle. Haha.



The driveway is narrow which made me scared at first. Anytime, the boat can crash at the sidings, but I comforted myself by trusting the driver's expertise. 

When we reached the what we call "the highway" because of its wide area, I breathe even better. The welcome signage on the gate-like structure signaled our entry to the market proper.

The goods are in the sides where tourists or buyers can buy while on-board the boat. The driver will bring you near the store so you can choose your item and buy. Others are selling while on-board the boat too. 


Woman weighing the macopa

This woman sold macopa (or tambis) to us. Rjagd bought and we ate them. Haha. It was so sweet; I have never tasted that before. And their mangoes too are in superlative sweetness. According to Joril, he had never tasted a sour mango in his entire stay in Thailand. Hm, that sounds interesting. We can probably learn on how they do that so we can also recreate it in our country. How is that? 

It was lunch time. We asked the driver to row us to the nearby food stand. He rowed us across where a woman called and market her food.


Patiently waiting for our food. Nom! Nom!
We ordered pad thai. Pad Thai is composed of taogi and flat noodles or pancit. It's yummy. Since I am a certified rice-eater, I ordered sticky rice with mango in addition to my meal.  I need to prepare for another long hours of travel so I need to be full. Burp! Excuse me. Haha.


me and Rjagd eating Pad Thai

This is it, pancit! I didn't get the chance to take a picture of this meal. Hm, maybe next time. xoxo

 
"A guide to the blue journey - a relaxing, peaceful, blissful, healthy and honorable life." -TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment